- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 + 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 8 ozs bittersweet chocolate (4 ounces melted and 4 ounces coarsely chopped)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; setaside.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; mix in vanilla. Combine espresso powder and melted chocolate; beat into butter mixture. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; mix just until combined. Fold in chopped chocolate.
Drop dough by two heaping tablespoons, 3 inches apart, onto two baking sheets. Bake until edges are dry, 14 to 15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool