- 1 box of ready chocolate fudge cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 container (225gr) mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Frosting and Garnish
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 container Whipped milk chocolate frosting
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans, if desired
Heat oven to 180°C. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
Make batter as directed on box; gently stir in 1 tablespoon espresso powder just until blended. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake and cool as directed on box for cupcakes.
In medium bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, milk, 2 teaspoons espresso powder and the powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spoon mixture into decorating bag fitted with plain tip.
To fill each cupcake, insert tip of bag into center of cooled cupcake; gently squeeze bag until cupcake expands slightly but does not burst (each cupcake should be filled with about 1 tablespoon filling).
Stir 1 teaspoon espresso powder into the frosting. Spoon frosting mixture into decorating bag fitted with star tip. Pipe over tops of cupcakes. Garnish with espresso beans. Store covered in refrigerator.